Skip to main content

Working through my anxiety

It's not a well known thing that I have anxiety but I do. Okay that part is done I can say what I want to say. I have a true problem with appearing imperfect. I hate the idea of my flaws ever being put out and laid bare. I'd much rather hide my imperfections and maintain the facade of a tough exterior and a higher state of knowledge but truthfully it's more exhausting than hiding.

I keep myself secluded from things rather than getting myself out there and getting my hands dirty and taking a few falls and getting up. It's honestly how I was brought up. I never had the room to fail. It was either be great or not noticed. My works meant nothing to my immediate family if no accomplishments followed them. It caused me to become a perfectionist. A really sad perfectionist. I truthfully, in a selfish way, just want to be noticed. I want to be bragged about, talked about. I have a need for it.

Being told I was stupid for a good portion of my life caused me to be defiant at every given turn. I've made bad decisions and dumb decisions but I'm not stupid. I hate that damn word. It makes me mad.

Anyway just reconnecting with the world is a pain and a struggle. It's hard to fight against your emotions that are literally tearing away at you at all times. To defy one's self is a real challenge and that's what I'm going against.

I'm going to keep defying my inner self that cries out against me to put myself out there for fear of looking stupid. No matter how long it takes for me to get over it. I have a long way to go but every step forward helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreadskull #3 - Port Winter

"To Russia. You want us to take you to Russia?" A bewildered Slig asked Tori upon hearing her favor request. "World energy conferences, it's held in Moscow every five years. We've got two months before it starts." "And you're gonna pay us a million dollars, each?" "One million dollars each." "Alrght just making sure I heard ya right, that's all." "Uh, don't mind me butting in, of course if you do you don't know me very well, but I'm interested in this." Izzy cut in. "What kind of presentation do you have lined up?" "Ehh it's some boring stuff. Increasing the efficiency of Geothermal energy and saving the world's natural resources and all that jazz, it's my dad's project really, I just helped refine it here and there but he just wants me to be his golden girl with him since my mom is gone." Tori responded. "Robert still out to 'improve t