Skip to main content

The Sentinels is a looooooooooooong way out and Dreadskull is getting a reboot too.

I remember starting this writing with the objective in mind to build a superhero team of my own. I'm a big fan of the Avengers, X-men, Justice Leagues, and other hero teams. And when I came up with my own idea for a team I just ran with it. Tonya is very Nick Fury inspired, but in a more colder sense. However I realized more and more that one, writing a story every week is difficult, and two, there's no real substance to the characters and I'm an ant pushing a brick across a desert here with the pacing. There was no legitimate setup to the team members coming together.

I eventually let it sit on the shelf til I could eventually replace it with different series based on the members. Because it was originally meant to set up each member with their solo stories and eventually have them partner up down the line with a new threat. But it just didn't work for me. Felt too loose still. "Remember we were on that prison team together? Let's fight baddies!" While there were plans for deeper interaction between the characters before the second Sentinels arc there was problems even getting there.

It was a mess of planning on my part; big appetite, little stomach.

Also to address Dreadskull. Dreadskull is returning. The story is basically the exact same. Tori and Slig are the reasons for the reset. There's a few timeline tweaks that will happen. I don't want to go into too much detail about that because it would spoil some of the plot. But Dreadskull's gonna be awesome.

Back to the main point of this post. The Sentinels was and still is a superhero team and will be spearheaded by Tonya. But she has to get a grip on living first. She has a large mountain to climb before she can lead anything. Oh and believe me... she's got some serious crap from her past to swallow. Hope she doesn't choke.

So in the mean time, the others will receive their solo tales and those will be fun too

So to announce them all with no date in sight, here's what's planned:

By the Blade: Blade/Drake war - Follow Nicholas Blade and his thuggish ways as he tries to settle down.

Shadowfall - Follow Evelyn shields and her family and learn about the shadows

Ion Flux - We got a bold new hero in California who fights with a mechanical suit. Is it heroism... or redemption?

Judgement - The tale of Kindra's exile to earth.

Covenant - The tale of Gabriel and his quest to rescue his wife from the jaws of death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreadskull #3 - Port Winter

"To Russia. You want us to take you to Russia?" A bewildered Slig asked Tori upon hearing her favor request. "World energy conferences, it's held in Moscow every five years. We've got two months before it starts." "And you're gonna pay us a million dollars, each?" "One million dollars each." "Alrght just making sure I heard ya right, that's all." "Uh, don't mind me butting in, of course if you do you don't know me very well, but I'm interested in this." Izzy cut in. "What kind of presentation do you have lined up?" "Ehh it's some boring stuff. Increasing the efficiency of Geothermal energy and saving the world's natural resources and all that jazz, it's my dad's project really, I just helped refine it here and there but he just wants me to be his golden girl with him since my mom is gone." Tori responded. "Robert still out to 'improve t